Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nostalgia

I miss you.

I know it's been a while since my last post. I've been very busy attending to errands I initially unlisted off my holiday plans. Oh well. The only thing I'm bummed out about is my toothache :'(
My wisdom tooth is the culprit. Thought it would be alright in a few days (like it usually would be), unfortunately after close to a week I could barely eat anything required chewing... So, finally I went to the dentist yesterday and got me some med. Hohoho.

I've been feeling pretty nostalgic since hanging around home the past week. My room and all my stuff; the family affair; the cool breezes; the sound of water dripping on mossy pavements after it rains; the blue blue sky (!); the simplicity of the material reality laced with the complexity of the way we live our lives; old photographs; old desires that have seeped into the walls of this home, worn and faded; the dead tree of life; and life oh, life!

Nostalgia is the name of this little painting to the left. I was basically just looking for an inspiration for my Incongruity Project (see last post) so I took out my watercolors and started painting. It's actually inspired by a comic book I was reading. The analogous colors of cityscapes are nostalgic pieces of memory in my lil' head: peaceful, dreamy, empty and yet covered by an unknown (and almost fearful force)...

Bon Appettit! I need to unwind..

xOxO

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails